TripAdvisor, an American travel website, in February 2017 ranked Radhanagar beach of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands among top 10 beaches in the world. The beach on the Havelock Island in the Andamans has secured the 8th position in the world in TripAdvisor's 'World's Travellers' Choice Award-Winning Beaches'
In addition, the Radhanagar beach has notched the top position in TripAdvisor's list of the top spot in Asia.
TripAdvisor has honoured 343 beaches, including the top 25 in the world. Winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of traveller reviews and ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor, gathered over a 12-month period.
The Baia do Sancho Fernando de Noronha in Brazil topped the list and was followed by Grace Bay Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Eagle Beach in Aruba. Top 10 beaches in the world ranked by TripAdvisor are
• Baia do Sancho: Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
• Grace Bay: Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
• Eagle Beach: Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
• Playa Paraiso: Cayo Largo, Cuba
• Siesta Beach: Siesta Key, Florida
• La Concha Beach: San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
• Playa Norte: Isla Mujeres
• Radhanagar Beach: Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
• Elafonissi Beach: Elafonissi, Greece
• Galapagos Beach at Tortuga Bay: Puerto Ayora, Ecuador
Besides, the TripAdvisor has also released the list of the top beaches in Asia. The list features two Indian beaches among the top five Asia list and they are Radhanagar (No 1) and Agonda Beach in Goa (No 5). Top 5 beaches in Asia are
• Radhanagar Beach: Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Island
• White Beach: Boracay, Aklan Province
• Ngapali Beach: Ngapali, Myanmar
• Nai Harn Beach: Rawai, Thailand
• Agonda Beach: Agonda, India
Radhanagar beach is situated 12 km from Havelock's ferry pier. Also known as Number 7 Beach, the Radhanagar beach is located on the western coast and was named as the Best Beach in Asia by Time in 2004.
The beach with fine white sand, turquoise blue waters and more is not a huge island with an overall length of 2kilometers and with of 30 to 40 meters.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.