AP Government begins doorstep delivery of pensions
Andhra Pradesh government is providing this door-to-door service to 58,44,240 pensioners. A wide range of people will be benefited from the current arrangement of disbursement of the pension.
The Andhra Pradesh government has been distributing pensions to the beneficiaries at their doorstep. The service started on April 1 with the help of around 2.5 lakh volunteers. The aim is to encourage beneficiaries to stay at home and avoid stepping out.
The state is providing this door-to-door service to 58,44,240 pensioners. A wide range of people will be benefited from the current arrangement of disbursement of the pension.
The beneficiaries have been receiving different amounts as per the defined categories. From old age persons to fishermen and folk artists, the pension will help every section amid the ongoing 21-day lockdown.
• The Andhra Pradesh government started door-to-door pension distribution with the purpose of providing help to a wide range of people.
• It will help curb the spread of Coronavirus by eliminating the need for pensioners to step out of their homes.
• After the distribution of pensions, the government will provide financial relief to the poor. The door-to-door service will start on April 4 with the help of the same volunteers.
• Widows, old age persons, single women, weavers, fishermen, widows, traditional cobblers and folk artists will receive an amount of Rs 2,250 each
• For people with disabilities, Dappu artists and transgenders, the amount of Rs. 3000 has been fixed by Andhra Pradesh Government.
• Those who are suffering from chronic diseases or are undergoing kidney dialysis treatment at government hospitals will receive an amount of Rs. 10,000 from Andhra Pradesh Government.