Arundhati Bhattacharya on 7 October 2013 took over as the Chairperson of the State Bank of India (SBI). She is the first woman to take charge as the Chairperson of SBI, the largest bank of India. She succeeded Pratip Chaudhuri who retired on 30 September 2013.
Major Highlights of Arundhati Bhattacharya’s Life
It is important to note that there are several other women who have made it to the top in domestic banking and financial services.
The list of women occupying major posts in domestic banking and financial services:
• Chanda Kochhar is the managing director & CEO of ICICI Bank,
• Shikha Sharma heads Axis Bank while Naina Lal Kidwai is the country head of HSBC India.
• Kalpana Morparia is the chief executive officer at JP Morgan India Pvt Ltd.
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has also had women occupying top posts.
• Shyamala Gopinath, K.J. Udeshi and Usha Thorat have all been deputy governors.
• Vijayalakshmi R. Iyer is the chairperson and managing director of Bank of India.
• Archana Bhargava is the chairperson & managing director of United Bank of India and S.A. Panse heads Allahabad Bank.
When: 7 October 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.