Bappi Lahiri, the renowned music director and singer, was conferred with West Bengal’s Mahanayak Samman awards on 24 July 2016 by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Nazrul Mancha.
Bappi Lahiri was awarded for his outstanding performances over the years.
Other awards conferred on the occasion includes
• Best director: Goutam Ghose and Kaushik Ganguly
• Best actor (male) awards: Paran Bandyopadhyay and Jishu Sengupta
• Best actor (female) award: Sohini Sarkar
• Bishesh Sangeet Samman: Dwijen Mukhyopadhyay, Ajoy Chakraborty and Sandhya Mukherjee.
• Maha Sangeet Samman: Shantanu Moitra, Mohammad Aziz, Kumar Bose and Shibaji Chattopadhyay.
• Special Sangeet Samman: Sriradha Bandyopadhyay, Dileep Kumar Bose, Fakir Alamgir, and Nachiketa
• Best Bengali films: Bela sheshe and Shankhachil
Goutam Ghose, a critically-acclaimed filmmaker, is known for helming National Award winning films like Sankhachil and Abar Aranye.
Mahanayak Samman awards
The Mahanayak Samman awards were instituted in 2012 in the memory of Bengali matinee idol Uttam Kumar who is revered in this part of India as "Mahanayak (Great hero)". It is the highest film award given by the West Bengal government for outstanding performance of the artists of Bengali cine-world.
The state government felicitates actors, technicians and music directors at this annual event on the occasion of the death anniversary of Uttam Kumar on July 24.
National Film Awards
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Bappi Lahiri
When: 24 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.