State Government of Bihar on 18 February 2015 decided to give 35 percent reservation to women in non-gazetted government jobs.
The decision was made during the state cabinet meet presided by Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi. Apart from this, the Cabinet also made 21 more decisions. Some of them include:
• Hike in MLA development fund from the existing 2 crore rupees in a year to 3 crore rupees from financial year 2016
• Approved the proposal to pay 13 months’ salary in place of 12 months to policemen up to inspector rank
• It enhanced the daily wage for home guards from existing 300 rupees to 400 rupees
• It decided to recommend the Union Government to pay an additional 1000 rupees per month to cook engaged under mid-day meal scheme in schools
• Decided to enhance the payments for agricultural advisors from 6000 rupees per month to 7000 rupees per month
• Decided to replace Advocate General Ram Balak Mahto with Binod Kumar Kanth
The cabinet decisions were made after the Patna High Court on 18 February 2015 stayed its restriction imposed on Manjhi from taking any policy decisions and allowed it to take them. But the Court ordered that the policies should be implemented after 21 February 2015.
These decisions were made a day before the crucial confidence vote on 20 February 2015, in which Manjhi will have to prove his majority in the cabinet or he will not be on the post, further.
Who: Bihar Government
When: 18 February 2015