BNP Paribas on 18 September 2014 launched equity index linked green bond. It was launched in collaboration with the World Bank which will help raise funds for products seeking to mitigate climate change. It is the first equity index linked with green bond.
The details of the equity linked green bond
• The 30 stock equity index will be linked to the World Bank Green Bond
• It comprises of companies selected on the basis of their corporate sustainability ratings.
• The bond will have exposure to the performance of the Ethical Europe Equity Index.
• The equity index-linked green bond is forward development of the green bond market.
• It will help expands the investor base to seeking to benefit from the financial performance of a sustainable equity index, while supporting climate.
• The stocks of equity index that are based on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance, are selected from corporates analysed by Vigeo, a global ESG rating agency.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a French bank and financial services company with headquarters in Paris, and a global headquarters in London.
BNP Paribas established its first branch in Kolkata in 1860 and is one of the leading corporate banks in India. BNP Paribas Corporate and Investment business is an active player in Fixed Income and Debt Capital Markets, Cash Management & Trade, Corporate Finance and Institutional Equities.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.