The 22nd edition of Confederate of Indian Industry (CII) Partnership Summit -cum-Sunrise Andhra Pradesh Investment Summit was concluded on 12 January 2016 at Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
The summit was held in cooperation with the Government of Andhra Pradesh and the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Government of India.
The summit, which commenced on 10 January 2016, was organised to showcase investment opportunities in Sunrise Andhra Pradesh.
Key highlights of the Summit
• Medical devices manufacturing park will be established in Andhra Pradesh with a potential investment of 20000 crore rupees.
• Andhra Pradesh became first state to release retail policy.
• Anil Ambani-led Reliance Group signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Andhra Pradesh to set up naval facility in Vishakhapatnam.
• Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited inked MoU with Andhra Pradesh Government for investment of 38500 crore rupees.
• Union government announced the sanction of greenfield petrochemical complex and National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) in Visakhapatnam and a Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET) in Vijayawada.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 12 January 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.