Current Affairs in Short: 02 January 2020
Bihar government has recently decided to celebrate former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s birth anniversary as a state event every year.
WHO designates 2020 as the “Year of the Nurse and Midwife”
• World Health Organisation (WHO) selected the year 2020 as the “Year of the Nurse and Midwife”.
• It was decided in the honor of 200th birthday of Florence Nightingale. WHO said that nurses and midwives are the people who devote their lives to caring for children and mothers, looking after senior citizens and giving lifesaving immunizations.
• World Health Organisation will also launch the world’s first State of the World’s Nursing report in 2020.
‘Santusht’ portal for speedy resolution of grievances
• The Ministry of Labour has decided to launch 'Santusht' portal for the speedy redressal of employees and employers’ grievances.
• Employees would be able to lodge their complaints on this portal which will be managed by a monitoring cell.
• This portal will look after all services provided by the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and ESIC.
DP Tripathi, senior NCP leader, passes away
• DP Tripathi was the senior leader of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) who passes away on December 02, 2020.
• He worked throughout his life despite visual impairment. He was born on November 29, 1952.
• He has also written several books, including Congress and Independent India, Jawahar Satkam, Celebrating Faiz and Nepal Transition-A way forward among others.
South Korean President to build peace community
• South Korea's President Moon Jae-in on vowed to build a Peace-Community in the Korean peninsula this year.
• South Korean President vowed that there will be a clear change and South Korean region would be based on the reform of agencies.
• President Moon Jae-in said that he will never stop legal and commercial reforms until the power institutions gain the trust of people.
Bihar to celebrate Jaitley's birth anniversary as state event
• Bihar government has recently decided to celebrate former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s birth anniversary as a state event every year.
• He was the Finance Minister during the first term of Modi government in 2014 and took important decisions like demonetization and GST.
• Arun Jaitley was a senior leader of BJP who born on December 28, 1952. He passed away on August 24, 2019, at AIIMS, New Delhi.