Current Affairs in Short: 18 June 2019
Revolt Intellicorp has unveiled India’s first fully electric motorcycle, the RV 400. The RV 400 electric motorcycle will be manufactured at Manesar, Haryana.
Revolt RV400 India’s First “AI-Based” Electric Bike unveiled
• Revolt Intellicorp has unveiled India’s first fully electric motorcycle, the RV 400.
• The company has announced that the bike will be launched next month and that deliveries will commence soon after.
• The RV 400 electric motorcycle will be manufactured at Revolt’s production facility in Manesar, Haryana.
• Spread across 1 lakh sq.ft, the manufacturing plant has an annual production capacity of 1.2 lakh units.
Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury named Congress leader in Lok Sabha
• The Congress named five-time MP Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury as the leader of the party in the Lok Sabha.
• Chowdhury is the lone Congress MP from Bengal representing Berhampore since 1999.
• This decision was taken during a strategy meeting of the party's brass that was chaired by Parliamentary Party leader Sonia Gandhi.
Facebook launches digital currency Libra
• Facebook launched its own digital currency 'Libra', powered by blockchain technology, for users around the world.
• Facebook's 'Calibra' digital wallet will let users save, send and spend Libra with a smartphone.
• The digital wallet, expected to launch in 2020, will be available in Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and as a standalone app.
Advisory issued to all Private Satellite TV Channels for appropriate representation of children in dance based Reality Shows
• Information and Broadcasting Ministry has noticed that several dance based reality TV shows portray young children performing dance moves originally done by adults in movies and other popular modes of entertainment.
• These moves are often suggestive and age-inappropriate. Such acts may also have distressing impact on children, impacting them at a young and impressionable age.
• As per the rules, no programme should be carried on TV which denigrates children, and further that programmes meant for children should not contain any bad language or explicit scenes of violence.
World Food India to be held from 1st to 4th November 2019 in New Delhi
• Second edition of World Food India is planned at a much bigger and grandeur level from 1-4 November 2019 at Vigyan Bhawan and Rajpath Lawns in New Delhi.
• World Food India 2019 shall consist of several top level seminars, investment opportunities, exhibitions, high level CEO roundtables, country sessions, B2B and B2G networking etc.
• For the year 2019, the Ministry is targeting to partner with at least 15 countries and participation from at least 80 countries. The tagline of the event will be “Forging Partnerships for Growth”.