Current Affairs in Short: 19 May 2022
BCCI has allowed the full capacity in the stadiums for India versus South Africa five match T20 International Series starting on June 9, 2022.
Indonesia to lift ban on palm oil exports from May 23
- The President of Indonesia Joko Widodo has announced the lifting of the country’s three-week-long ban on palm oil exports from May 23, 2022.
- The step to lift ban on palm oil exports was taken following the protests by the farmers in the Capital of Indonesia, Jakarta.
- The decision was announced by the President who also cited an improvement in the domestic cooking oil supply situation as the reason for lifting the restrictions.
- Palm oil farmers in Indonesia had staged a significant protest in Jakarta due to the fall in domestic edible oil prices following the export ban.
Supreme Court grants interim bail to Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan
- The Supreme Court of India has granted an interim bail to the Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan in another case of cheating, relating to Kotwali Police Station in UP.
- The Supreme Court branch granted bail to Khan and also granted him the liberty to apply for regular bail before the concerned court within the period of two weeks.
- Earlier, the apex court had reserved the order on Khan’s interim bail plea in the aforesaid case, as opposed by the Additional Solicitor General SV Raju.
- Azam Khan is currently been lodged in the judicial custody in another matter pertaining to Kotwali in Rampur.
Central Government to review COVID vaccination program with States, UTs tomorrow
- Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan ill review the covid-19 vaccination program with all the states and UTs on May 20, 2022.
- India’s COVID vaccination coverage has exceeded 191.79 crores till 7 am on May 19, as per the data shared by the Union Health Ministry.
- The country witnessed a slight rise in covid cases with 2,364 fresh cases in the last 24 hours. The daily positivity rate of the country is 0.50 per cent.
- COVID vaccination or age group 12-14 years was started on March 16, 2022 and so far 3.22 crore adolescents have received the first dose of vaccine.
BCCI allows full capacity in stadiums for India-SA T20I Series
- Reportedly, BCCI has allowed the full capacity in the stadiums for India versus South Africa five match T20 International Series starting on June 9, 2022.
- BCCI has already announced the full capacity crowd for the IPL Play-offs. The covid protocols have also eased off as the numbers in the country are not very high.
- The Indian Cricket Team will play a five-match T20I series against South Africa on five different venues including Cuttack, New Delhi.
- The series will begin on June 9 and the last match will be played on June 19, 2022.
National Investigation Agency Court convicts Separatist leaders Yasin Malik
- Yasin Malik, a separatist leader from Jammu and Kashmir was convicted by the National Investigation Agency (NIA). He had pleaded guilty in the terror funding case on the last date of the hearing.
- The NIA has also been asked to give an affidavit on the socio-economic status of convict Yasin Malik after taking the help of the local authorities.
- Yasin Malik has also been directed to file an affidavit disclosing all the sources of his income and assets (movable and immovable).
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS