Current Affairs in Short: 25 August 2022 (VVS Laxman, Azadi Quest App, e-Passports)
VVS Laxman has been named Indian Cricket Team’s head coach for the Asia Cup 2022.
Government approves proposal for amendment of policy of exemption for Wheat flour from export ban
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs gave its approval to the proposal for amendment of the policy of exemption for wheat flour from the export ban.
- The latest approval will now allow putting a restriction on the export of wheat flour which will ensure a curb on the rising prices of wheat flour and ensure the food security of the most vulnerable section of the society.
- Reportedly, Russia and Ukraine are the major exporters of wheat accounting for around one-fourth of the global wheat trade.
- In order to ensure food security for 1.4 billion people in the country, the decision was taken to put up a prohibition on the export of wheat in May 2022.
VVS Laxman named India Cricket Team’s interim head coach for Asia Cup 2022
- VVS Laxman has been named Indian Cricket Team’s head coach for the Asia Cup 2022.
- VVS Laxman, the Chief of the National Cricket Academy, has joined Team India as its interim head coach in Dubai for the 2022 Asia Cup.
- The move has come a day after BCCI confirmed that Rahul Dravid, India’s head coach, did not travel with the team after testing positive for COVID-19.
- India will play against Pakistan in their first match of the Asia Cup 2022 tournament on August 28.
Azadi Quest App launched by the Government
- The Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Anurag Thakur has launched Azadi Quest App. It is a series of online mobile games designed for players of all ages for interactive learning with fun gameplay.
- While speaking on the occasion, the Union Minister urged the people to download the app as it will prove to be very effective in spreading awareness of India’s freedom struggle.
- Azadi Quest by the Government is a series of online mobile games on the heroes and milestones of the Indian freedom movement.
- The games have been prepared to engage the youth in a very interesting way so that they can learn and know about the history of India’s freedom struggle.
Government to launch e-Passports in next six months
- The Electronic passports will be rolled out by the end of 2022 or early 2023.
- In the new passport, an e-chip and a few more features will be added to the passport book which will provide security upgradation of the Indian passport and enable machine reading.
- The Government of India has been taking several steps to facilitate the Indian citizens who are migrating to work in order countries and providing legal support.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS