4 January 2017. The day’s one liner covers important current affairs of the day like year 2017 designated as International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development, launch of intercontinental nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-IV and Cricketer posthumously inducted into ICC Hall of Fame among others.
• The United Nations has designated the year 2017 as – The International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development
• The Union government has launched this survey in 500 cities and towns- Swachh Bharat survey
• This Minister has been elected as the working President of DMK – M K Stalin
• India recently test-fired long range intercontinental nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-IV which is a- Surface-to-surface missile
• Person appointed as Executive Director of RBI in place of US Paliwal- Surekha Marandi
• Social reformer who was honoured by Google Doodle recently on her 186th birth anniversary- Savitribai Phule
• Karnataka Minister who passed away recently while he was in Chikkamagaluru to attend the silver jubilee celebrations of the Transport Cooperative Society at Koppa- Mahadev Prasad
• The Australian opening batsman who was recently inducted into ICC Hall of Fame posthumously is - Arthur Morris
• Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar was sworn in as the 44th Chief Justice of India. He succeeds - Justice T. S. Thakur
• Renowned English art critic John Berger recently passed away. He had won the 1972 Booker Prize for his novel titled - G.
• PM Narendra Modi inaugurated 104th Indian Science Congress in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. The theme for the event is - Science and Technology for National Development
• The winner of the 2016 Mubadala World Tennis Championship is - Rafael Nadal
• This multilateral organisation lifted 3-year ban on import of vegetables from India – European Union
• It is with this country India reached an agreement on fisherman issue – Sri Lanka
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced pan-India expansion of this programme to benefit pregnant and lactating mothers across the country - Maternity Benefit Programme (MBP)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.