29 November 2017: The one liner of 29 November covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like Hyderabad Metro Rail project, 15th Finance Commission and India’s G 20 Sherpa among others.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first phase of - Hyderabad Metro Rail project
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President’s adviser Ivanka Trump jointly inaugurated - Global Entrepreneurship Summit
• India will provide financial assistance for Afghanistan’s Transport Network of - USD 2.87 million
• Chairperson of 15th Finance Commission that was recently constituted by the Union Government - NK Singh
• First-ever female UK Ambassador to United Nations - Karen Pierce
• Person appointed as India’s G 20 Sherpa - Shaktikanta Das
• The National Skill Development Corporation has signed a three-way MoU with Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council and this rental hospitality service company - Airbnb
• India will sign a MoU for cooperation in the policy planning and technology transfer in the urban transport sector with this nation – United Kingdom
• The City of Oxford has stripped this Nobel Peace Laureate of its human rights award for failing to respond to the world’s biggest refugee crisis - Aung San Suu Kyi
• This Australian state has become the first one to legalise assisted death, euthanasia – Victoria
• The newly appointed Union Water Resources Secretary is - Upendra Prasad Singh
• India and this nation have agreed to further deepen security cooperation to collectively tackle the threat of terrorism - Singapore
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.