8 December 2017: The one liner of 8 December covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like Wassenaar Arrangement, Kumbh Mela and The Silence Breakers among others.
• This country will be the new Member of Wassenaar Arrangement - India
• India festival recognized by UNESCO as India’s Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity - Kumbh Mela
• This country recently passed same-sex marriage bill - Australia
• Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated every year in India on - 7 December
• Person of the Year 2017 as per the Time magazine - The Silence Breakers
• BR Ambedkar International Centre was recently launched in - New Delhi
• This country will host the 46th Congress of the International Hockey Federation - India
• Person who resigned as National Sports Observer over conflict of Interest issue following the resignation of Mary Kom - Sushil Kumar
• US President Donald Trump recognised this place as the capital of Israel - Jerusalem
• This person will head the 3-member committee constituted by the National Commission on Minorities to give minority status to Hindus in 8 states - George Kurien
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.