Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of October 2016 will be of immense help for the students.
1. Why these personalities were in news? (In 30 words)
(i) Bob Dylan
(ii) Oliver Hart
(iii) Juan Manuel Santos
(iv) Jean-Pierre Sauvage
(v) Yoshinori Ohsumi
(vi) David J Thouless
(vii) Bilal Nazki
(viii) Amandeep Singh Gill
(ix) Antonio Guterres
(x) Shami Chakrabarti
2. Discuss on following in not more than 150 words
(i) 2016 BRICS summit
(ii) National SC/ST Hub and Zero Defect – Zero Effect Scheme was launched in Ludhiana. Comment
3. Write on following in 100 words:
(i) National Academic Depository
(ii) Women entry into the inner sanctorum of the shrine: Haji Ali Dargah
(iii) Government’s Tripartite Talks with Manipur Government, KNO and UPF
4. Write on the following developments in Indian States in not more than 100 words
I. Lieutenant-Governor (L-G) Najeeb Jung dissolved the Delhi Waqf Board
II. Rajasthan High Court ordered dissolution of the State Other Backward Classes (OBC) Commission.
III. Safe Motherhood Week that was observed in Uttar Pradesh.
IV. Kaushalya SETU (Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation) initiative launched in Maharashtra.
V. Bihar Prohibition and Excise Act, 2016
5. Unrest in Kashmir on killing of militant Burhan Wani and Pallet gun use to control situation in the valley. Critically examine in light of various measures launched by the Government of India to the situation.
6. Write about the following developments in not more than 50 words:
I. German dictator Adolf Hitler's Secret Nazi Base in Arctic Circle
II. China’s longest manned space mission
III. NASA’s electro-active bandages for wound healing
IV. Krishi Vigyan Kendra to be established in each district
V. National SC/ST hub and zero defect – zero effect scheme
VI. SC decision on Hindu husband who can divorce wife if she tries to separate him from aged parents
VII. Plan to seal Indo-Pak border
7. Briefly discuss the following in 200 words:
RBI notification under which the Indian startups can raise USD 3 million via ECBs in a financial year
8. Union Cabinet approved extension of contract between Ministry of Earth Sciences and the International Seabed Authority (ISA) for exploration of Polymetallic Nodules by five year. Examine the
9. Critically examine rejection FARC peace plan in a referendum by Colombian voters.
10. Examine the Chinese decision to block a tributary of Brahmaputra in Xigaze in Tibet.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.