14 January 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Ken-Betwa River linking project, ABU International Television Dance Festival and women's weightlifting gold medallists stripped of 2008 Olympics titles among others.
1. Name the municipal corporation of Delhi that presented its budget for financial year 2017-18.
a) East Delhi Municipal Council
b) North Delhi Municipal Council
c) South Delhi Municipal Council
d) New Delhi Municipal Council
2. Participants of the Humanitarian initiative, ‘Akhiri Ahuti’, to cremate under-privileged people from Northeast in presence of family is/are
a) Delhi Police and Indigo airlines
b) Maharashtra Police and Indigo airlines
c) Jet Airways and Delhi Government
d) Union Government and Air India
3. Name the former MRF director who passed away recently.
a) KM Philip
b) T Sreejesh
c) Mukhtar Abbas
d) Jagdish Singh
4. Citizens of which country were benefitted by the two-decade-old 'wet foot, dry foot' policy that was scrapped in recent past by outgoing US President Barack Obama?
5. Name the person who was chosen by President-elect Donald Trump as a nominee for administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
a) Seema Verma
b) Tom Bossert
c) Raj Shah
d) Dina Powell
6. According to official data, the Retail inflation fell to what percent in December 2016.
a) 2.97 per cent
b) 3.41 per cent
c) 3.63 per cent
d) 4.01 per cent
7. Name the cricketer who scored a century in his 100th Test match in January 2017.
a) Hashim Amla
b) JP Duminy
c) Virat Kohli
d) Stephen Cook
8. According to data released by the Central Statistics Office, the country's industrial production grew by what percent in November 2016?
a) 2.1 per cent
b) 3.4 per cent
c) 5.7 per cent
d) 6 per cent
9. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe signed a 1-trillion yen, about 8.7 billion dollars, aid package over the next five years for this country.
10. The world’s largest open air theatre, 11-days Bargarh Dhanu Yatra that concluded in second week of January 2017 with the death King Kansa at the hands of his nephew Lord Krishna is held in which state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
11. Name the Indian actor who was honoured by the US Embassy to acknowledge his immense contribution to the India-US ties on tuberculosis.
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Shah Rukh Khan
c) Akshay Kumar
d) John Abraham
12. Women weightlifting gold medallists of this country were stripped of the 2008 Olympics titles
b) North Korea
13. The 1st edition of ABU International Television Dance Festival will be held in
14. Name the country with which India in the recent past signed MoU to construct 3000 rain water harvesting systems.
c) Sri Lanka
15. Ken-Betwa River linking project on 13 January 2017 received environmental, forest and tribal clearances. Consider the following statement in context to Ken-Betwa River linking project.
I. The project aims at addressing the water needs of dry swathes in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh.
II. The NDA government’s ambitious project aims at addressing the water needs of dry swathes in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
III. In the first phase of the project Ken River will be linked with Betwa at an expense of Rs 9500 crore.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I and II
b) Only II and III
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
1.(d) New Delhi Municipal Council
2. (a) Delhi Police and Indigo airlines
3. (a) KM Philip
4. (c) Cuba
5. (a) Seema Verma
6. (b) 3.41 per cent
7.(a) Hashim Amla
8.(c) 5.7 percent
9. (a) Philippines
10. (d) Odisha
11. (a) Amitabh Bachchan
12. (c) China
13. (d) Hyderabad
14. (c) Sri Lanka
15. (b) Only II and III