16 January 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Australian Open 2017, World Employment and Social Outlook – Trends 2017 report and book titled Jinnah Often Came to Our House, among others.
1. Australian Open 2017 tennis tournament began in
2. It is with this country India signed an agreement for collaboration in third world countries.
c) The USA
3. Which multilateral agency released the World Employment and Social Outlook – Trends 2017?
a) World Economic Forum
b) International Labour Organisation
c) International Monetary Fund
d) World Bank Group
4. Digital Dakiya scheme was recently inaugurated in which of the following states?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Uttar Pradesh
5. It is in this city the first ever Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Dance festival was held.
6. When is the Army Day celebrated in India?
a) 11 January
b) 16 January
c) 14 January
d) 15 January
7. Who is the author of the book titled ‘Jinnah Often Came to Our House,’ which was recently awarded with the The Hindu Prize 2016?
a) Easterine Kire
b) Hansda Sowvendra Shekhar
c) Kiran Doshi
d) Anil Menon
8. Former Punjab CM Surjit Singh Barnala passed away recently. He had also served as the Governor of which of the following states?
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
9. Who won the 2016-2017 Ranji Trophy?
d) Tamil Nadu
10. SpaceX launched a Falcon 9 vehicle into space with 10 satellites of a giant of mobile voice and data satellite communications. Name it.
a) Air Power Australia
c) IEEE Xplore
d) None of the above
11. The international conference to kick-start peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians is being held in
12. The 62nd Filmfare awards were presented on 14 January 2017. Consider the following statements in context of the Filmfare award. <br/>
I. Dangal won awards in best film and Actor category only.
II. Rakesh Roshan bagged the 2016 Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
III. Airlift won the award in Screenplay category.
Which is/are false?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
13. Union Government in recent past launched a mobile app named SEZ India. Consider the following statements in context to the project.
I. It was launched by the Union Finance Ministry under its broader e-Governance initiative.
II. IThe app will allow SEZ Units and Developers to find information about their transactions on Online System.
III. It will provide contact details of Development Commissioners Office, DG System among others.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only II
b) Only I and II
c) Only II and III
d) I, II and III
14. Consider the following statements related to Adoptions Regulations, 2017.
I. The new set of rules will replace the Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015.
II. They were notified by the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development.
Which of these statements is/are true?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) None of them
15. At least six pilgrims including a woman died and 15 others injured in a stampede in Gangasagar Mela on 15 January 2016. Gangasagar Mela was held in which of the following state.
a) West Bengal
d) Uttar Pradesh
1. (a) Melbourne
2. (c) The USA
3. (b) International Labour Organisation
4. (a) Madhya Pradesh
5. (d) Hyderabad
6. (d) 15 January
7. (c) Kiran Doshi
8. (b) Andhra Pradesh
9. (a) Gujarat
10. (b) Iridium
11. (c) Paris
12. (d) I, II and III
13. (c) Only II and III
14. (a) Only I
15. (a) West Bengal
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.