Current Affairs Quiz: 18 February 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Kumbh Mela 2021, construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya and Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative among others.
18 February 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Kumbh Mela 2021, construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya and Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative among others.
1. When will Haridwar Kumbh Mela 2021 begin?
a) March 1st
b) April 1st
c) May 1st
d) April 30th
2. The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative has contributed how much amount for the construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya?
a) Rs 1 crore
b) Rs 2 crore
c) Rs 2.51 crore
d) Rs 1.5 crore
3. Which year did Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act come into force?
4. When was the third Quadrilateral Security Dialogue conducted?
a) February 15th
b) February 16th
c) February 17th
d) February 18th
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ initiative in which state?
b) West Bengal
c) Arunachal Pradesh
6. Union Cabinet on February 17, 2021 approved the signing of Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA) between India and which country?
7. Which organisation has planned to launch the World Solar Bank (WSB)?
a) United Nations
b) International Solar Alliance
d) World bank
8. Which country hosted the virtual health secretary-level meeting of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)?
1. (b) April 1st
The Uttarakhand government has decided to limit Kumbh Mela 2021 to just 30 days from earlier three months. This was informed by Chief Secretary Om Prakash on February 18, 2021. This time the Kumbh, which is one of the most sacred events for Hindus, will be held from April 1 to April 30.
2. (c) Rs 2.51 crore
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO) World's No. 1 Cooperative organization on February 17, 2021 contributed Rs 2.51 crore for the construction of Ram temple at Ram Janambhoomi at Ayodhya.
3. (a) 2016
The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 was passed by the Indian Parliament on December 22, 2015 amid intense controversy, debate and protest over many of its provisions by the Child Rights fraternity. It came into force on January 15, 2016.
4. (d) February 18th
The third Quadrilateral Security Dialogue was held on February 18, 2021, to interchange the views on global and regional issues. The meeting focussed on the practical areas of cooperation for maintaining an open, free and inclusive Indo-Pacific region.
5. (a) Assam
PM Narendra Modi on February 18, 2021 launched the ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ initiative in Assam with an aim to provide seamless connectivity to Eastern Parts of the country. The initiative was launched with the inauguration of Ro-Pax vessel operations between Neamatighat-Majuli, North-South Guwahati and Dhubri-Hatsingimari.
6. (c) Mauritius
The Union Cabinet on February 17, 2021 approved the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA) between India and Mauritius. The Agreement will cover trade in Goods & Services, Telecom, Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT), Rules of Origin, Dispute Settlement, Financial services, and cooperation in other areas.
7. (b) International Solar Alliance
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) to launch the World Solar Bank (WSB). The launch will likely be announced at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow in November 2021.
8. (c) India
India hosted the virtual health secretary-level meeting of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) member countries on February 18, 2021.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS