Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like PEN/Barbey Freedom to Write Award, first liquor-free village and Green Initiative among others.
1. Name the imprisoned Egyptian novelist who will be conferred the PEN/Barbey Freedom to Write Award, as announced by PEN America on 31 March 2016.
a) Ahmed Naji
b) Idris Ali
c) Ashraf El-Ashmawi
d) Sayed Gouda
2. Who on 29 March 2016 was named as the Chairman of Indian Direct Selling Association?
a) Rajat Banerji
b) Jitendra Jagota
c) Vivek Katoch
d) Amit Chadha
3. Kachhabali village became the first liquor-free village in which of the following state?
d) Madhya Pradesh
4. Name the British entertainer, best known for BBC comedy sketch show The Two Ronnies, who died on 31 March 2016.
a) Ronnie Frost
b) Ronnie Lumsden
c) Ronnie Barker
d) Ronnie Corbett
5. Which State Assembly on 31 March 2016 passed a bill prescribing minimum educational qualifications to contest for urban local bodies?
6. Which State/Union Territory on 31 March 2016 launched the Phase I of ‘Green Initiative’ at an estimated cost of 2 crore rupees?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) National Capital Territory of Delhi
7. To which country does the world's longest-range missile DF-41 missile belong to? It was in news on 31 March 2016.
b) North Korea
c) South Korea
8. The Union Government on 28 March 2016 notified Bio-Medical Waste Management Rules, 2016. The new set of rules will replace the
a) Bio-Medical Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 1997
b) Bio-Medical Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2000
c) Bio-Medical Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 1998
d) Bio-Medical Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2012
9. To protect domestic manufacturers from cheap Chinese imports, Union Finance Ministry on 30 March 2016 extended the safeguard duty on steel imports till
a) September 2016
b) March 2017
c) March 2018
d) September 2018
10. India on 31 March 2016 signed MoU with which nation to setting up Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) in India?
a) United States
11. The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry on 1 April 2016 signed an MoU with which national membership organisation during Invest in India Round Table Conference in Melbourne, Australia?
a) Australia India Business Council
b) National Trust
c) India Belgium Business Organisation
d) Indo-Canada Business Council
12. Flipkart on 1 April 2016 announced acquisition of which payments start-up?
13. Name the Indian boxer who on 1 April 2016 won silver medal in the 56 kilogram category at the Asian/Oceania Qualifying Tournament in Qian'an, China.
a) Joy Ali
b) Anthresh Lalit Lakra
c) Shiva Thapa
d) Diwakar Prasad
14. Name the renowned journalist who won the Kerala Sahitya Akademi award in 2006 for his novel Kalapangalkkoru Grihapadam. He died on 30 April 2016 in Kozhikode.
a) O.N.V. Kurup
b) Srikanth Nair
d) Babu Bharadwaj
15. The World Autism Awareness Day 2016 was celebrated across the world on 2 April 2016. What was the theme for the day for the year 2016?
a) Autism and the 2030 Agenda: Inclusion and Neurodiversity
b) Employment: The Autism Advantage
c) Opening Doors to Inclusive Education
d) Light it Blue
1-(a) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(a) 12-(b)
3-(c) 8-(c) 13-(c)
4-(d) 9-(c) 14-(d)
5-(b) 10-(a) 15-(a)