Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Indus Valley Civilisation is 2500 years older, campaign against drug and liquor abuse in Kerala, and campaign against drug and liquor abuse among others.
1. Name the Indus Valley site whose study helped researchers to conclude that Indus Valley Civilisation is 2500 years older than previously believed.
a) Lothal, Gujarat
b) Bhirrana, Haryana
c) Kalibangan, Rajasthan
d) Rakhigarhi, Haryana
2. Who of the following Cricketer’s name will be used by Kerala Government in a campaign against drug and liquor abuse in the state?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Virat Kohli
c) MS Dhoni
d) Rahul Dravid
3. What percent government equity will be available in India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) that will be set up under the Department of Posts?
a) 60 percent
b) 70 percent
c) 90 percent
d) 100 percent
4. The Union Cabinet approved signing of a MoU on tourism with which country?
5. Union Cabinet approved signing of MoU for wildlife conservation and wildlife trafficking with which country?
a) United States
d) South Africa
6. Hamid Ansari recently visited which of the following countries to strengthen bilateral ties with India?
7. India and Morocco recently launched a chamber to accelerate the pace of economic development between the two nations. The chamber is termed as
a) India-Morocco Chamber of Industry and Commerce
b) India-Morocco Chamber of Commerce and Industry
c) India-Morocco Chamber of Commerce
d) India-Morocco Chamber of Industries
8. The National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited recently announced to launch a Ganga cleaning project in which of the following states?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) West Bengal
9. The Government of India and the World Bank recently signed an agreement to improve efficiency of City Bus Services. The agreement was signed under which of the following programmes?
a) World Bank-Global Facility Programme
b) World Bank-Global Commutation Facility Programme
c) World Bank-Global Environment Facility Programme
d) None of the above
10. Gotthard Base Tunnel, world’s longest railway tunnel, was recently inaugurated in which country?
11. Identify the department that released the provisional estimates of national GDP for 2015-16 on 31 May 2016.
a) Central Statistical Office (CSO)
b) National Sample Survey Office (NSSO)
c) Data Processing Division (DPD)
d) None of these
12. The number of core industries which comprise nearly 38 percent of the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) that was released on 31 May 2016.
13. Who assumed the office of Secretary in the Union Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs on1 June 2016?
a) Ashok Lavasa
b) Sanjay Kumar Srivastava
c) Rajinder Khanna
d) Prabhas Kumar Jha
14. Where was the Asia’s largest technology trade show COMPUTEX was started on 31 May 2016?
15. Identify the first ever national plan that was released in India to make it disaster resilient on 1 June 2016.
a) National Disaster Management Plan
b) Five year plan
c) National Action Plan
d) None of these
1. (b) Bhirrana, Haryana
2. (a) Sachin Tendulkar
3. (d) 100 percent
4. (a) Qatar
5. (a) United States
6. (a) Morocco
7. (b) India-Morocco Chamber of Commerce and Industry
8. (d) Bihar
9. (c) World Bank-Global Environment Facility Programme
10. (a) Switzerland
11. (a) Central Statistical Office (CSO)
12. (b) Eight
13. (d) Prabhas Kumar Jha
14. (c) Taipei
15. (a) National Disaster Management Plan