2 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like collaboration between Indian Adani group and Swedish Defence giant, India’s first ‘World Heritage City’ and new CBSE Chairperson among others.
1. Which Union Minister launched a scheme providing physical aids and assisted-living devices to senior citizens belonging to the BPL category in Gujarat?
a) Narendra Singh Tomar
b) Thaawarchand Gehlot
c) Prakash Javadekar
d) Harsh Vardhan
2. The Sports Ministry has approved the constitution of an Empowered Steering Committee (ESC) that will shape and influence India's preparation for multi- disciplinary events. The committee will include how many members?
3. Indian conglomerate Adani group has collaborated for defence manufacturing with which nation’s defence and aerospace company?
4. Which Indian city has been accorded the status of India’s first ‘World Heritage City’ by UNESCO?
a) New Delhi
5. Which state’s coast guard has launched an aviation infrastructure including a multi-mission maritime aircraft hanger, MMMA?
a) Andhra Pradesh
6. Which state has launched an online Public Grievance Redressal System for its citizens?
a) Uttar Pradesh
7. Which state government has declared the entire state as a ‘disturbed area’ for another six months?
c) Jammu & Kashmir
d) West Bengal
8. Which country’s Supreme Court has annulled the result of the nation’s last month’s presidential elections, citing irregularities?
a) Republic of the Congo
9. This record-breaking astronaut is set to break another record upon landing back on earth. Which of the following is the correct answer?
a) Peggy Whitson
b) Jack Fischer
c) Fyodor Yurchikhin
d) Thomas Pesquet
10. Who has been appointed as the CBSE Chairperson?
a) Anita Karwal
b) Rajiv Kumar
c) Rajesh Bhushan
d) Rajni Sekhri Sibal
11. A famous American actor, who portrayed Oscar Goldman in the 1970s series "The Six Million Dollar Man" and its spinoff "The Bionic Woman," passed away recently. Identify him.
a) Steve Austin
b) Richard Anderson
c) Jaime Sommers
d) Norman Lewis
12. Which of the following institutions topped the overall ranking as released by the Scimago Institutions?
a) Chinese Academy of Sciences
b) Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
c) Harvard University
d) National Institutes of Health
13. The Railways ministry is planning to propose renaming of trains. What will the trains be named after?
a) Freedom Fighters
b) Famous Literary Works
c) Best Indian Space Expeditions
d) Famous Indian Leaders
14. India will be jointly issuing postage stamps with Diwali as theme with which nation?
15. Which Union Minister has been appointed as the state president of BJP in Uttar Pradesh?
a) Rajiv Pratap Rudy
b) Mahendra Nath Pandey
c) Kalraj Mishra
d) Uma Bharti
1.(b) Thaawarchand Gehlot
9.(a) Peggy Whitson
10.(a) Anita Karwal
11.(b) Richard Anderson
12.(a) Chinese Academy of Sciences
13.(b) Famous Literary Works
15.(b) Mahendra Nath Pandey