Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes on National, International, Economy, Sports and Science & Technology events that will be of immense help in the preparations of competitive exams like Civil Services, SSC, Bank, MBA and others
1. What was the theme of the International Mother Earth Day that was celebrated on 22 April 2016 across the world?
a) Don't Be a Water Waster!
b) Remember to Recycle
c) Only you can prevent forest fires
d) Trees for the Earth
2. Which of the following artists is not included in the TIME’s 100 Most Influential People in the World released on 21 April 2016?
a) Robert Downey Jr.
b) Caitlyn Jenner
c) Priyanka Chopra
d) Leonardo DiCaprio
3. Name the famous comedian featured in the famous sitcom Dinnerladies, who passed away on 20 April 2016.
a) Dwayne Electrica
b) Victoria Wood
c) Scarlet Thomson
d) None of the above
4. Which Union Ministry launched Twitter Seva on 21 April 2016 to address issues and grievances of the stakeholders?
c) Heavy Industry
d) Skill and Enterprise Development
5. Which district of India was not one of the recipients of Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration in Swachh Vidyalaya category conferred on 10th Civil Services Day on 21 April 2016?
a) Anantpur, Andhra Pradesh
b) Anantnag, Jammu & Kashmir
c) Dadar & Nagar Haveli
d) Hazaribagh, Bihar
6. For the first time, a woman named Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson as the portrait gracing the US $20 bill. Who was Harriet Tubman?
a) An armed scout and spy for the US Army during American Civil War
b) A Jewish writer killed in the Holocaust
c) An American nun
d) Both (a) and (b)
7. Who was elected as the President of Chad for the fifth time on 21 April 2016?
a) Saleh Kebzabo
b) Idriss Deby
c) Laokein Kourayo
d) Hissene Habre
8. Name the music legend who died on 21 April 2016 and was known for his album Purple Rain?
a) Johannes Sebastian Bach
b) Chris Walker
c) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
d) Prince Rogers Nelson
9. Who was appointed as the Lokayukta of Goa on 20 April 2016?
a) Justice PK Mishra
b) Justice Basant Sinha
c) Justice Mridula Sinha
d) Justice Laxmikant Parsekar
10. What is the name of the world's lightest synthetic material that ISRO Scientists at Thiruvananthapuram indigenously developed?
a) Silica Aerogel
b) Blue Air
c) Frozen Smoke
d) All of the above
11. Identify the project for which Pakistan and China signed an agreement on 20 April 2016 to launch a special satellite to monitor the development of it.
a) China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
b) China-Pakistan Border Development
c) China-Pakistan Strategic Corridor
d) Xinjiang-Karachi Economic Corridor
12. Where the National Anti-Doping Laboratory is located whose accreditation was suspended by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) on 21 April 2016?
13. As per the World Malaria Report 2015 released by the World Health Organisation (WHO) which region became the first in the world to eradicate malaria?
a) North America
14. Which Indian airline will feature in an official commemorative album that will be launched to mark Queen Elizabeth II's 90th birthday celebrations?
a) Air India
b) Indian Airlines
d) Jet Airways
15. By what percentage Indian economy should grow if it has to become 10 trillion dollar economy and eliminate poverty by 2032?
1. (d) Trees for the Earth
2. (a) Robert Downey Jr.
3. (b) Victoria Wood
4. (a) Commerce
5. (d) Hazaribagh, Bihar
6. (a) An armed scout and spy for the United States Army during the American Civil War
7. (b) Idriss Deby
8. (d) Prince Rogers Nelson
9. (a) Justice PK Mishra
10. (d) All of the above
11. (a) China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
12. (b) Beijing
13. (b) Europe
14. (a) Jet Airways
15. (c) 10%
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.