Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Visakhapatnam-Chennai industrial corridor, chairman of the BCCI Selection Committee and Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court, among others.
1. Which Bank approved the 631 million US dollars loan for Visakhapatnam -Chennai Industrial Corridor recently?
a) World Bank
b) Asian Development Bank
c) European Investment Bank
d) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
2. Which two companies recently signed MoU with Dhamra LNG Terminal Private Limited for taking equity stake in the Terminal?
a) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited and Indraprastha Gas Ltd
b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd and GAIL India Limited
c) Indian Oil Corporation Limited and GAIL India Limited
d) Hindustan Petroleum Ltd and Indraprastha Gas Ltd
3. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs recently approved the partial capital grant of 5176 crore rupees for development of 2539 km long Jagdishpur-Haidia and Bokaro-Dhamra Gas Pipeline (JHBDPL) project to which company?
a) GAIL (India) Limited
b) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
c) Bharat Petroleum Limited
d) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
4. Who was appointed as the World Bank Country Director for India recently?
a) Onno Ruhl
b) Junaid Ahmad
c) Syed Muazzem Ali
d) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
5. PV Bharathi was recently appointed as the Executive Director (ED) of which bank?
a) Yes Bank
b) Dena Bank
c) Bank of India
d) Canara Bank
6. Name the Indian industrialist who was recently conferred the Clinton Global Citizen Award.
a) Anil Ambani
b) Aditya Vikram Kumar Mangalam
c) Adi Godrej
d) Azim Premji
7. Who was recently appointed the chairman of the BCCI Selection Committee?
a) Rakesh Parikh
b) Aashish Kapoor
c) Ajay Shirke
d) MSK Prasad
8. Who was recently sworn in as the Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court?
a) Manjula Chellur
b) Girish Chandra Gupta
c) Chittatosh Mookerje
d) None of the above
9. Who was recently named the captain of the India's all time Test XI by Wisden?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Virat Kohli
c) Sourav Ganguly
d) Sachin Tendulkar
10. Name the Oscar-winning director of movie LA Confidential who passed away recently?
a) Curtis Hanson
b) Alfred Hitchcock
c) James Cameron
d) Christopher Nolan
11. Which of the following island will not be connected with the submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) that will be created between Chennai and Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
a) Little Andaman
b) Car Nicobar
d) Neil Island
12. CCEA approved the process of winding up of a joint venture company. Name it.
a) Hindustan copper limited
b) Hindustan Diamond Company
c) Diamond Trading Company
d) None of the above
13. The Union Cabinet approved signing and ratification of tax agreement with which nation?
14. Who of the following is the author of book Democrats and Dissenters?
a) Sanjeev Sanyal
b) Ravi Velloor
c) Ramachandra Guha
d) MK Rasgotra
15. Name the team that won the Obaidullah Khan Heritage Cup Hockey Tournament?
a) Punjab Sindh Bank
b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
c) Indian Railways
d) Indian Oil Corporation
1. (b) Asian Development Bank
2. (c) Indian Oil Corporation Limited and GAIL India Limited
3. (a) GAIL (India) Limited
4. (b) Junaid Ahmad
5. (d) Canara Bank
6. (c) Adi Godrej
7. (d) MSK Prasad
8. (b) Girish Chandra Gupta
9. (a) MS Dhoni
10. (a) Curtis Hanson
11. (d) Neil Island
12. (b) Hindustan Diamond Company
13. (a) Samoa
14. (c) Ramachandra Guha
15. (b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.