Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like President of Ecuador, Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay Telecom Skill Excellence Awards and Rediscovery of cobra lily among others.
1. Where was the incredibly rare Arisaema translucens, more commonly known as the cobra lily, rediscovered after a gap of 84 years?
a) Eastern Himalayas
c) Western Ghats
d) Nanda Devi
2. Kashish Queer Film Festival recently started in which of the following cities?
3. Who of the following was recently inducted in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Athletes' Commission?
a) Jwala Gutta
b) Parupalli Kashyap
c) P V Sindhu
d) Chetan Anand
4. The Union Cabinet recently approved setting up of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences in which of the following districts of Assam?
d) West Karbi Anglong
5. What percentage of Central Road Fund would be allocated for development and maintenance of National Waterways, as approved by the Union Cabinet?
a) 2.5 per cent
b) 1.5 per cent
c) 2 per cent
d) 3.8 per cent
6. Name the Prime Minister of Nepal who resigned recently?
a) Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda
b) Sher Bahadur Deuba
c) Girija Prasad Koirala
d) Bidhya Devi Bhandari
7. Which Union Ministry launched the Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay Telecom Skill Excellence Awards?
a) Ministry of Skill and Development
b) Ministry of Telecommunication
c) Ministry of Human Resource Development
d) Ministry of Culture
8. According to data released by the International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF), India was ranked at what position in terms of stainless steel producing countries in the world?
a) First largest
b) Second largest
c) Third largest
d) Fourth largest
9. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) recently signed two unilateral APAs with Indian taxpayers in a bid to reduce litigation by providing certainty in transfer pricing. What does APA stand for?
a) Advance Pricing Agreements
b) Authority Pricing Agreements
c) Aggregate Pricing Agreements
d) Automated Pricing Agreements
10. Who was elected as the President of Ecuador recently?
a) Guillermo Lasso
b) Jorge Glas
c) Rafael Correa
d) Lenin Moreno
11. Which Arab nation has blocked 21 media websites?
a) Saudi Arabia
12. Which renowned news channel has been blocked by Saudi Arabia, UAE and Egypt?
a) Al Arabiya
c) Al Jazeera
d) Sky News
13. India has signed a joint declaration with which country for cooperation in the field of alternative medicine?
14. The centre has appointed five members to the Minority Panel. Which community is getting representation in the panel for the very first time?
15. The Union cabinet has approved MoU between India and which country in the field of Organ Transplant Services?
c) United Kingdom
1. (b) Nilgiris
2. (d) Mumbai
3. (c) P V Sindhu
4. (b) Kamrup
5. (a) 2.5 per cent
6. (a) Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda
7. (b) Ministry of Telecommunication
8. (b) Second largest
9. (a) Advance Pricing Agreements
10. (d) Lenin Moreno
11. (b) Egypt
12. (c) Al Jazeera
13. (d) Germany
14. (d) Jain
15. (b) Spain