4 August 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 2nd AGRI-UDAAN programme, Indus Waters Treaty and Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
1. Name the state government that has decided to give compulsory retirement to the non-performing head masters, teachers and education department officials above the age of 50 years.
2. This country in August 2017 extended a technical hold on a proposal to list Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) chief and Pathankot terror attack mastermind Masood Azhar as a designated terrorist by the UN.
a) The US
3. Lok Sabha has passed the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017. In this regard, consider the following statements.
I. The Banking Regulation Bill 2017 seeks to amend the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
II. It seeks to replace the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017, which was promulgated on 4 June 2017.
III. It seeks to empower RBI to issue directions to the banking companies to resolve specific stressed assets by initiating the recently enacted Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC).
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
4. Name the paralympic Javelin Thrower from India who became the first paralympian to be be recommended for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award by the awards selection committee, headed by Justice (Retd) CK Thakkar.
a) Devendra Jhajharia
b) Mariyappan Thangavelu
c) Varun Bhati
d) None of the above
5. The Lok Sabha recently passed the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Amendment) Bill, 2017. In this regard, consider the following statements:
i. The Bill enables exit of the Reserve Bank of India from the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development.
ii. The Bill seeks to increase authorised capital of the development institution six times to Rs 30000 crore.
Which of the above statements is/are true?
a) Only (i)
b) Only (ii)
c) Both (i) and (ii)
d) Neither (i) nor (ii)
6. Israel recently launched its first environmental research satellite. What is the name of the satellite?
7. Who of the following took over as the new Air Officer-in-charge Administration of Indian Air Force?
a) Air Marshal R.K. Sharma
b) Air Marshal P K Roy
c) Air Marshal Anil Khosla
d) Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat
8. Who of the following won the National Rapid Chess Championship?
a) Pentala Harikrishna
b) Krishnan Sasikaran
c) Anwesh Upadhyay
d) Abhijeet Gupta
9. Which UN organisation adopted a resolution on eliminating supply of weapons to terrorists?
a) United Nations Security Council
b) United Nations Economic and Social Council
c) United Nations Trusteeship Council
d) United Nations General Assembly
10. Which organisation allowed India to construct hydroelectric power facilities on tributaries of the Jhelum and Chenab rivers under Indus Waters Treaty?
a) BRICS Nations
b) World Bank
c) United Nations
d) Asian Development Bank
11. The Reserve Bank of India fixed what per cent of Repo Rate under Third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2017-18?
a) 6.75 per cent
b) 6.50 per cent
c) 6.25 per cent
d) 6.00 per cent
12. Pushpa Mittra Bhargava, who passed away in August 2017, belonged to which field?
a) Molecular biology
13. This company has bagged a Rs 3375 crore Mauritius metro order.
a) Mahindra and Mahindra
b) Larsen & Toubro
c) Reliance Infrastructure
d) None of the above
14. The National Human Rights Commission has sent notices to which state for brutal political killing?
15. Which city hosted the 2nd AGRI-UDAAN programme, launched by the Government of India?
a) New Delhi
1. (c) Punjab
2. (d) China
3. (c) Only I and III
4. (a) Devendra Jhajharia
5. (c) Both (i) and (ii)
6. (b) Venus
7. (d) Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat
8. (c) Anwesh Upadhyay
9. (a) United Nations Security Council
10. (b) World Bank
11. (d) 6.00 per cent
12. (a) Molecular biology
13. (b) Larsen and Turbo
14. (c) Kerala
15. (a) New Delhi