5 August 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India’s first Heli-taxi service, 2nd AGRI-UDAAN programme and ISRO’s NISAR mission among others.
1. ISRO is working on the NISAR mission along with which international space research organisation?
a) The European Space Agency (ESA)
b) The China National Space Administration (CNSA)
c) The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
d) The Russian Federal Space Agency (RFSA)
2. Ninety-seven of these endangered species, which were illegally smuggled out of the country, were found and will be brought back to their natural habitat?
a) Indian Star tortoises
b) Indian Kangaroo Lizard
c) Travancore Earth Snake
d) Inger's Mabuya
3. IBM recently opened its first Machine Learning Hub in which of the following cities?
4. Which of the following countries recently passed the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Amendment Bill to help protect the country's reputation as one of the least corrupt in the world?
b) New Zealand
5. India’s first Helicopter taxi service has been launched in which city?
a) New Delhi
6. NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has discovered the strongest evidence to date for a stratosphere on an exoplanet, WASP-121b. The exoplanet is similar to which planet in our solar system?
7. India’s first private missile production facility, KRAS was unveiled in Hyderabad on 3 August 2017. The unit is a joint venture of two companies. While one company is India’s Kalyani Group, the other one belongs to which nation?
8. In keeping with Government of India’s initiative to encourage development of green airports, the AAI has started work on two airports belonging to which state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
9. Three Indian-Americans picked by President Donald Trump have been confirmed by the US Senate to key governmental posts. Which among them is the second Indian-American ever to be selected for an ambassadorial position by the Trump administration?
a) Neil Chatterjee
b) Krishna R Urs
c) Vishal Amin
d) Nikki Haley
10. Which state government has decided to distribute 13 lakh Soil Health Cards among farmers?
d) Madhya Pradesh
11. India has signed USD 329 million loan pact with Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for the financing of which state’s road project?
a) Uttar Pradesh
12. The 2nd Agri UDAAN, food & agribusiness accelerator program was launched in which city?
b) New Delhi
13. Which state has launched motorbike ambulance service on pilot basis?
b) Uttar Pradesh
14. The United States announced that its relations which country had hit an all-time low?
d) North Korea
15. Scientists have discovered the world’s best-preserved dinosaur, popular called as ‘Mona Lisa’ of dinosaurs, in which country?
a) South Africa
1.(c) The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
2.(a) Indian Star tortoises
4.(b) New Zealand
8.(b) Andhra Pradesh
9.(b) Krishna R Urs
12.(b) New Delhi