Current Affairs Today Headline- 13 May 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 13 May 2022.
- Six people die of fever in North Korea, after country announces first COVID-19 outbreak.
- North Korea says 187,000 people being 'isolated and treated' for fever.
- Five-time PM Ranil Wickremesinghe returns as Sri Lankan Prime Minister amid economic and political crisis.
- G7 nations condemn Taliban's new decree enforcing hijab on Afghan women.
- US President Joe Biden announces steps to combat baby formula shortage in US.
- UNHRC to deepen scrutiny on rights situation in Ukraine 'stemming from Russian aggression'.
- US Secretary if State Antony Blinken to travel to Germany, France from May 14 to 16.
- Sri Lanka court imposes a travel ban on former PM Mahinda Rajapaksa and his family to prevent them from leaving the country amid severe crisis.
- Astronomers reveal 1st image of the massive black hole at the center of our Milky Way galaxy.
- India’s active COVID-19 cases have decreased to 18,604, as per Union health ministry.
- The elections to 57 Rajya Sabha seats, spread across 15 states, scheduled to be held on June 10.
- India flags deteriorating rights situation in Ukraine at UNHRC.
- FSSAI, Ministry of Ayush formulate regulations for 'Ayurveda Aahara' products.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approves enhanced Scales of Accommodation 2022 for Defence Services.
- India successfully fired Extended Range Version of BrahMos Air Launched missile from Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft.
- Indian Army to buy 12 more Made-in-India 'Swathi' weapon-locating radars for China border.
- India's first 'Amrit Sarovar' to be inaugurated by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi in UP's Rampur today.
- National Human Rights Commission issues notices to Centre, Delhi government and Central Pollution Control Board over reports of groundwater getting "contaminated dangerously" near landfill sites in national capital.
- Southwest Monsoon set to arrive early, onset over Andaman and Nicobar Islands expected on May 15.
- April retail Inflation spikes to an 8-year high, as per government data.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation for April 2022 stands at 7.79% as against 6.95% in March 2022 and 4.23% in April 2021.
- Industrial production grows 11.3 pc in 2021-22 fiscal year.
- India assured of first-ever medal in Thomas Cup, after men’s team beat Malaysia 3-2 to enter semi-final.
- Indian women’s team knocked out of Uber Cup, after losing 0-3 to Thailand in quarter-final.
- Brendon McCullum appointed as head coach of England Men's Test Team.
- Cristiano Ronaldo bags Player of the Month award for April 2022
- Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by five wickets in Indian Premier League.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS