Current Affairs Today Headline- 18 April 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 18 April 2022.
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Gujarat from April 18 to 20, ahead of UK PM Boris Johnson's visit.
- India reports 2,183 new COVID19 cases, 1,985 recoveries and 214 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking India's active COVID-19 cases to 11,558.
- Section 144 continues to remain in place in Hubballi city after a stone-pelting incident took place at Old Hubli Police Station on 17 April.
- Assam Congress president Ripun Bora resigns from Congress, joins TMC.
- Top Army commanders to carry out an extensive review of India's national security challenges along borders with China and Pakistan at five-day conclave beginning on April 18.
- Manipur CM N Biren Singh to call on Prime Minister Modi today morning.
- Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb to meet Union Home Minister Amit* Shah today evening over state issues.
- Air India flights to and from Hong Kong of 19th and 23rd April stand canceled in the wake of restrictions imposed by Hong Kong authorities.
- Auto, taxi unions go on two-day strike in Delhi from April 18.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to embark on US visit on April 18.
- Top Tamil Nadu table tennis player D. Vishwa dies in road accident on April 17 while travelling by road from Guwahati to Shillong for 83rd Senior National Table Tennis Championship.
- Women's IPL likely from next year, as per BCCI Sources.
- Gujarat Titans beat Chennai Super Kings by three wickets in Indian Premier League.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Punjab Kings by seven wickets in Indian Premier League.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas defeats Alejandro Davidovich to win Monte-Carlo Masters.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar surpasses Zaheer Khan for most number of wickets in powerplay in IPL.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar becomes first Indian pacer to scalp 150 wickets in IPL history.
- A new cycle of violence in Israel, West Bank may lead to military confrontation with Hama.
- Sri Lanka seeks bridging finance from India till bailout by the International Monetary Fund.
- Cruise ships return to Australia after two-year ban due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- China's economy faces 'significant challenges', as per officials.
- The death toll from floods IN South Africa's east coast has risen to 443, as dozens more are still missing.
- China's Shanghai reports first COVID deaths since the beginning of lockdown.
- Russia launches “long-range attacks” with air raids and missile strikes across Ukraine’s capital Kyiv and other major cities on April 16.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS