Department of Posts Allotted Country’s First Customized Pin Code to Supreme Court of India
The Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of India allotted Customized Pin Code to the Supreme Court
The Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of India allotted Customized Pin Code to the Supreme Court of India for the first time on 26 September 2013.The Customized Pin Code of the Supreme Court is 110 201.
The event took place on the occasion that marked the completion of 41 years of the introduction of Pin Code in the country. The PIN was introduced on 15 August 1972 in India.
The Department of Posts also started a Locality Based Online Pin Code Search Directory of Delhi on this occasion for the first time in India.
About Postal Index Number (PIN)
• Postal Index Number (PIN) or PIN Code is a 6 digit code of Post Office numbering used by India Post.
• The PIN was introduced on 15 August 1972.
• There are 9 PIN regions in the country.
• The first 8 are geographical regions.
• The digit 9 is reserved for the Army Postal Service.
• The first digit indicates one of the regions. The first 2 digits together indicate the sub region or one of the postal circles. The first 3 digits together indicate a sorting / revenue district. The last 3 digits refer to the delivery Post Office.