Elysium Space, the new San Francisco-based company founded by Thomas Civeit, the former NASA engineer, offered to send the cremated remains of deceased into the space. Thomas Civeit worked with the Hubble Space Telescope, the James Webb Space Telescope and the Huygens interplanetary probe on the NASA mission.
The Elysium Space will enable the clients to place certain portion of deceased’s ashes in the special capsule, which in turn would be sent into the orbit through Elysium spacecraft for a Memorial Spaceflight.
The specially designed application will even enable the people to see the remains of deceased by following the progress of the rocket. The remains would be visible to people even after the capsule has been sent to the space.
The Elysium flight is booked online and is the cheapest available space flight till now. The cost of this flight is 1995 US dollar. At present, the booking is open only for the US.
About the Memorial Spaceflight Services of the Elysium Space
Elysium Space memorial spaceflights launch the portion of departed people’s ashes into the space. The launch is scheduled for 2014. This launch will take place at the Cape Canaveral launch facility in Florida. The services offered under Memorial Spaceflight include:
• Collection as well as launch of the cremated remains samples in the space
• Printing of the initials on the capsule which will contain the remains
• Personal messages will be printed on the memorial spacecraft
• Elysium Space will invite people to the launch viewing event
• The certificate which attests the completion of the memorial spaceflight will be offered
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.