Exercise Desert Eagle II, which was the second in the series of bilateral exercises between Indian Air Force (IAF) and United Arab Emirates Air Force (UAE AF), was concluded on 3 June 2016.
This was a ten-day air combat exercise in which the IAF and the UAE Air Force undertook air exercises from Al-Dhafra Air Base, Abu Dhabi starting from 22 May 2016.
About Exercise Desert Eagle II
• Exercise Desert Eagle-II saw the IAF Su 30 MKI participating along with Mirage 2000-9 and F-16 block 60 of the UAE Air Force.
• Mission commanders from both sides participated in the Exercise and availed this opportunity to the maximum to draw valuable operational lessons.
• Despite the predominantly hot and arid conditions with temperatures well beyond 40 deg Celsius, IAF maintenance support staff succeeded in maintaining high serviceability state of aircraft and equipment.
• The Indian Air Force had participated previously in Desert Eagle I in 2008.
India and United Arab Emirates Relations
• It is pertinent to note that India and United Arab Emirates have strong bilateral relations which date back to more than hundreds of years.
• Both the nations have demonstrated keen resolve to engage each other in multiple facets and take the relationship to the next level.
• Defence Co-operation between the two nations gained momentum after signing of the Agreement of Defence Co-operation during the visit of the Chief of Staff of UAE Armed Forces to India in 2003.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App