The first ever Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Dance festival concluded on 15 January 2017. The festival was inaugurated by Union Information and Broadcasting Minister M Venkaiah Naidu at the Shilpakala Vedika in Hyderabad.
Highlights of 1st Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Dance Festival
• It was aimed at introducing the unique diversities of the Asia Pacific region and sharing the joys that varied communities across this region feel while they dance.
• The objective was to create a “bridge” between young people from different parts of the world through dance as an international language.
• Countries including the Maldives, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Philippines, Fiji, Indonesia, Azerbaijan, Malaysia and India took part in the festival.
• Each country was encouraged to make their selection in a manner that would help them generate local programming and an enthusiasm for the young to channelize their energy in the arts.
• It was hosted by the Prasar Bharati, India’s Public Service Broadcaster.
About Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Dance Festival
• The Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) is a professional association of broadcasters in the Asia Pacific region.
• The ABU was established in 1964 to assist the development of broadcasting in the region.
• The association promotes the collective interests of television and radio broadcasters and encourages regional and international co-operation between broadcasters.
When: 15 January 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.