First global summit on AYUSH & Wellness inaugurated in Delhi
The first International Exhibition and Conference on AYUSH and Wellness sector- AROGYA 2017 was inaugurated in New Delhi on 4 December 2017. The main theme of the event is ‘Enhancing the global potential of AYUSH’. It mainly aims to promote and strengthen awareness and interest about AYUSH.
The first International Exhibition and Conference on AYUSH and Wellness sector- AROGYA 2017 was inaugurated by Ayush Minister Shripad Yesso Naik in New Delhi on 4 December 2017. It will conclude on 7 December.
The main theme of the event is ‘Enhancing the global potential of AYUSH’. It is being organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) in collaboration with Union government’s Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Commerce & Industry and Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council (Pharmexcil).
• To showcase the strengths and scientific validation of Indian System of Medicine in the global context.
• To promote and strengthen awareness and interest about AYUSH.
• To facilitate the International promotion, development and recognition of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa and Homoeopathy.
• To foster interaction of stakeholders and market development of AYUSH at international level.
• To give a boost to AYUSH Products in International Market.
• To exhibit the research and latest developments in AYUSH SECTOR.
• To harness the potential of this fast growing and globally emerging sector.
The conference would witness participation from thousands of delegates from India as well as abroad including 200 hosted delegates from over 60 countries across the world. The hosted delegates would include importers, regulators and Government officials. More than 250 manufacturers of alternative medicine would also be showcasing their products and services at the exhibition.
• AYUSH is the acronym of the medical systems that are being practiced in India such as Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy.
• The Ministry of AYUSH was formed on 9 November 2014 to ensure the optimal development and propagation of AYUSH systems of health care.
• Earlier it was known as the Department of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy (ISM&H) which was created in March 1995 and was renamed as Department of AYUSH in November 2003.
• The Ministry of AYUSH lays special emphasis on upgradation of AYUSH educational standards, quality control and standardization of drugs, improving the availability of medicinal plant material, research and development and awareness generation about the efficacy of the system, domestically and internationally.
• India has long history and culture running over 5000 years of using the traditional medicines for health care and developing them with modern scientific outlook.