Good Governance Day 2018: Nation remembers former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee; ‘Sadaiv Atal’ samadhi dedicated to nation
To mark the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, his Samadhi ‘Sadaiv Atal’ was dedicated to the nation. ‘Sadaiv Atal’ reflects Vajpayee’s personality as a poet, humanist, statesman and a great leader.
25 December: Good Governance Day
India observed the Good Governance Day on December 25, 2018 to mark the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee who passed away on August 16, 2018 at the age of 93.
The Good Governance Day was established in 2014 to honor former-Prime Minister Vajpayee by fostering awareness among the Indian people of accountability in governance.
PM Modi released commemorative coin in honour of Vajpayee
To mark the Good Governance Day 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 24, 2018 released a 100-rupee commemorative coin in honour of Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Weighing 35 grams, the 100-rupee coin has the image of Vajpayee with his name inscribed in Hindi and English. The coin has the years 1924 and 2018 inscribed to mark the years of Vajpayee's birth and death.
On the flipside, the coin has the Lion Capitol of the Ashoka Pillar with "Satyameva Jayate" inscribed below.
Sadaiv Atal: Samadhi of Atal Behari Vajpayee
To mark the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, his Samadhi ‘Sadaiv Atal’ was dedicated to the nation. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid floral tributes at the Samadhi.
The development work of the Samadhi was undertaken by the Atal Smriti Nyas Society. A vacant piece of land was made available near Rajghat for the Samadhi by the Government.
The land is being maintained by the Society at its own cost as a public place. The earmarked land for the Samadhi will continue to remain with the Government.
The Samadhi was completed by the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) at a total cost of Rs 10.51 crores. The entire cost of construction of the Samadhi was borne by the Atal Smriti Nyas Society.
The Atal Smriti Nyas Society is registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 and was formed by eminent persons. The founding members of the Society include Sumitra Mahajan, Lalji Tandon, O.P Kohli, Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala, Vijay Kumar Malhotra, Ram Lal Ji and Ram Bahadur Rai.
‘Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana’ launched in Uttarakhand
• Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh launched the 'Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana' to mark the Day.
• Under the scheme, each household in the state will be able to avail medical treatment of up to 5 lakh rupees annually.
• The scheme will benefit 23 lakh households and cover 1350 critical diseases.
• The Chief Minister signed Memoranda of Understanding with private hospitals and announced that soon free of cost OPD facilities will be available for children and elderly people in the state.
• All the households have been included under the scheme.
Maharashtra launched Vajpayee International Schools in Mumbai
• Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Schools in Mumbai on the occasion of 94th birth anniversary of the late Prime Minister.
• The schools are affiliated to the Maharashtra International Education Board, which the state government had set up with an aim to achieve higher education standards.
Uttar Pradesh CM announces to install 21 feet long Statue of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
• Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced to install 21 feet long Statue of Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee at Lok Bhawan in Lucknow.
• Various programmes such as kavi sammelans, debates, poetry recitals, rangoli competitions and extempore debates were organised in all the schools and colleges.
• A two-hour play ‘Rashtra Purush Atal’ was staged by a 200-strong group from Maharashtra in state capital Lucknow.