Search Engine Google on 16 November 2016 launched the scanning app Google PhotoScan to scan and digitise physical photographs.
The App is maintained by Google Photos.
Highlights of the App
• It detects edges of the picture, straightens the image and rotates it to the correct orientation.
• It ensures that the scanned old photos are clear and glare-free.
• It uses augmented reality to create four points near the frame and uses the four photos to create composite image without glare.
• The setup of the app is that effortless as it gives directions on how to use the app properly.
• Users can even adjust the corners and rotate the scanned picture to their satisfaction.
• Once the photos are scanned, they can be saved in one tap to Google Photos.
• Saved scanned photos can be organised, searched, shared and safely backed up at high quality.
• The app is available for both Android and iOS devices.