Google India on 5 January 2017 launched new tools, My Business Website and Digital Unlocked, for the Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) in India.
The tools were launched by Sundar Pichai, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Google, in New Delhi. He announced that they have been launched first in India and would be taken to other countries gradually.
About My Business Website
• My Business Website will help small and medium businesses create a free and mobile optimised website.
• It will offer simple, templated, editable websites for small businesses. These websites will be created from the data and photos on Google Maps and will be available in 9 Indic languages.
About Digital Unlocked
• Digital Unlocked is a training programme.
• It has been built "across online, offline, and mobile."
• It offers offline training that will be spaced over the next three years.
• The training will be conducted in partnership with FICCI. It will be conducted at 5000 workshops located in 40 Indian cities.
• In addition, Google has released 90 self-paced video tutorials that have been curated specifically for India. They will be available at g.co/digitalunlocked.
• The trainings will be certified by Google, Indian School of Business and FICCI.
The Internet giant also launched a free mobile app, named Primer. It is designed to teach digital marketing skills in a quick, easy and interactive way. The app also works offline and is currently available in English and Hindi languages. It will shortly be launched in Tamil, Telugu and Marathi versions.
Where: New Delhi
What: Launched by Google India
When: 5 January 2017