Gopaldas Neeraj, Uday Pratap Singh conferred with Sahitya Shiromani Samman of Uttar Pradesh
Along with the award, Gopaldas Neeraj and Uday Pratap Singh also received a cash prize of 21 lakh rupees.
Uttar Pradesh Government on 8 April 2015 conferred Sahitya Shiromani Samman on noted Hindi poet Gopaldas Neeraj and veteran Hindi litterateur Uday Pratap Singh.
Along with the award, the duo was given a cash prize of 21 lakh rupees.
Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav conferred the award on Neeraj and Singh. Yadav also announced that Neeraj will be given Rashtra Ratn-Sitara-e Hind award for his lifelong service to Hindi literature.
Beside this, Yadav also unveiled the poetry book of Gopal Das Neeraj named Geetsri in Lucknow.
About Gopaldas Neeraj
He is among the best-known poets and authors in Hindi literature and he wrote under the pen name Neeraj.
Some of his poems were even used in Hindi movies. Some of them are
• E Bhai Jara dekh ke Chalo, Sung by Manna Dey in Mera Naam Joker
• Dhiire se jaanaa khatiyan me in Chhupa Rustom
• Dil aaj shaayar hai in Gambler
• Phoolon ke rang se, dil kee kalam se in Prem Pujari
• Rangeela re, Rangeela re, mere man me yoon ranga hai tera mann in Prem Pujari
Born in Etawah, Uttar Pradesh, he was awarded Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 2007