The Union Government on 12 December 2015 signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and documentation for establishing three Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) at Ranchi, Nagpur and Pune.
These IIITs are operated on a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) mode with participation of State Government and Industry, apart from the Union Government.
The IIITs are expected to bring out high quality IT manpower required for building up IT industry in India.
The agreement was signed between Vinay Sheel Oberoi, Secretary, Department of Higher Education from the Union Government side and Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Motors.
• It will operate from the Old Judicial Academy in the Administrative Training Institute, Ranchi.
• It will admit 120 students for the year 2016-17 through JEE 2016 examination.
• The partners, TCS and Tata Motors, for IIIT-Ranchi have committed participation in developing curriculum which is required by the industry.
• The institution will be mentored by NIT-Jamshedpur.
• It will be set up temporarily in the BMIT Campus with the participation of ADCC Infocad and TCS.
• The Government of Maharashtra has identified 88 acres of land for setting up a permanent campus.
• The BMIT will be the mentor institution.
• It has proposed to admit 120 students in the CSE and ECE branches in 2016 through JEE-2016 examination.
• It will be set up temporarily in the Siddhant Engineering College.
• The permanent campus will be constructed at Chakan for which the State Government has identified 100 acres of land.
• The industry partners are Hubtown Mumbai and Roltas.
• The partners have agreed to develop the curriculum suitable to the industry.
• The Institute will start functioning under the mentorship of COE Pune and 120 students will be admitted in 2016 through JEE-2016.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Government of India
What: signed MoU
When: 12 December 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.