Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on 31 March 2013, re-inducted into the Central Parliamentary Board, top decision-making body of BJP.
Narendra Modi is the beame the only serving Chief Minister to be included in the Parliamentary Board by BJP President Rajnath Singh, who announced his new 76-member team.
62 years old Narendra Modi came back to the party’s top body after a gap of six years after having been removed from the Board by Rajnath Sigh during his previous tenure as party president, ending assumption over the Chief Minister’s future role at the national level in BJP.
Narendra Modi has also been included in BJP’s Central Election Committee, which is headed by Rajnath Singh. He also has been projected by a section within BJP as the party’s prime ministerial candidate.
The 12-member Central Parliamentary Board headed by. Rajnath has top party leaders Atal Behari Vajpayee, L.K. Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, M. Venkaiah Naidu, Nitin Gadkari, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Ananth Kumar, Thawar Chand Gehlot and Ram Lal in it, besides Modi .
Rajnath Singh’s new team has 12 vice-presidents, 10 general secretaries, 15 secretaries and seven spokespersons, besides a 12-member Central Parliamentary Board, a 19-member Central Election Committee and a five-member Central Disciplinary Committee.
List of the New Member with their Designation
• Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Uma Bharti - vice-president
• Amit Shah - General Secretary
• Pilibhit MP Varun Gandhi - General secretary.
• Smriti Irani, who is a Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat, has also been promoted as vice-president.
• Former Karnataka Chief Minister Sadananda Gowda has been given the post of vice-president while Rajiv Pratap Rudy has been elevated as general secretary.