Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was on 16 September 2016 conferred with the prestigious membership of the Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG) under the category Full Member with voting rights.
With this, India became the seventh nation to join the APAQG under TRHE International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG). The other nations of APAQG are China, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore and Japan.
Highlights of the membership
• HAL is now a part of Global Quality team dedicated to bring improvements in the Aerospace Quality.
• The company can participate in international forums and contribute to the development and revision of current and new quality Standards.
• The membership enables HAL to have access to various Quality System Standards and other guidelines developed by IAQG.
• To become a part of IAQG, HAL has to be a member of APAQG and then graduate to IAQG as a voting member.
About TRHE International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG)
• The IAQG is an international non-profit cooperative global organisation that brings aviation, space and defence companies together to deliver more value at all levels of the supply chain.
• It establishes and maintains Quality Management System standards (9100 series) and controls the certification system.
• The IAQG comprises Americas (AAQG), Europe (EAQG) and Asia-Pacific (APAQG) sectors.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 16 September 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.