Rajasthani author Hariram Meena was selected for the Bihari Puraskar for 2012 for Hindi novel Dhooni Tape Teer. The novel was published in 2008.
Dhooni Tape Teer is a novel based on the deaths of tribal people in Banswara in Rajasthan on 17 November 1913.
The Bihari Puraskar is selected annually by a panel, which at present is headed by Nand Kishore Acharya.
About the Bihari Puraskar
• Bihari Puraskar was instituted by K K Birla Foundation in 1991.
• It is given on a yearly basis to the Rajasthani writers for their literary works in Rajasthani or Hindi published in last 10 years.
• The award includes a citation along with a cash prize of 1 lakh Rupees.
About Hariram Meena
• Hariram Meena was born on 1 May 1952 in Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan.
• Various publications have been credited to his name and these include one novel, two anthologies and one travelogue.