HPCL and Government of Rajasthan Signed a MoU for Setting up Refinery
HPCL and the Government of Rajasthan on 14 March 2013 signed MOU at Jaipur for setting up a refinery-cum-petrochemical complex in Barmer, Rajasthan.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and the Government of Rajasthan on 14 March 2013 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) at Jaipur for setting up a refinery-cum-petrochemical complex in Barmer, Rajasthan. The project will be a joint venture between HPCL and Rajasthan State Refinery Limited, apart from other equity partners.
The MoU was signed by Subhash Pant, Secretary Mines and Petroleum, Government of Rajasthan and K.Murli, Director (Refineries) of HPCL.
About the refinery-cum-petrochemical complex project in Barmer, Rajasthan
• The refinery-cum-petrochemical complex in Barmer will be set up at an estimated capital investment of 37230 crore Rupees.
• The project will be completed in 4 years time duration.
• 9 MMTPA refinery-cum—petrochemicals will be a state-of-the-art complex and will bring benefit to the state of Rajasthan and its people.
• The purpose of the refinery will be to process the locally available crude apart from other crudes.
• The refinery-cum-petrochemical complex is designed for production of motor fuels with latest environmental specifications as well as wide range of petrochemicals.
• The proposed complex will be the first of its kind to be specifically designed to produce petrochemicals from the indigenous crude oil.