Raghavan Seetharaman, Qatar-based Indian banker, on 30 May 2016 was awarded the Green Economy Visionary award.
Seetharaman was honoured for his contribution in environment-friendly activities and for promoting green economy for nearly two decades.
The banker was presented with the award at the 2016 Union of Arab Banks International Banking Summit held in Rome. Mohammed Jarrah Al-Sabah, Chairman of Union of Arab Banks, presented the award to Seetharaman.
Who is Raghavan Seetharaman?
• Raghavan Seetharaman is the Group CEO of Doha Bank, which is one of the largest commercial banks in Qatar.
• In 2015, business magazine Forbes ranked Seetharaman 6th in the Forbes’ Top Indian Leaders in the Arab World 2015 list.
• He started his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), one of the four largest professional services networks.
• In 2002, he became Deputy CEO for Doha Bank.
• He was named CEO in September 2007.
• He graduated with a degree in commerce from the University of Madras and then became a chartered accountant.
• He also earned a double doctorate, first in Global Governance from the European University in 2013 and the second in Green Banking and Sustainability from Sri Sri University in 2015.
• He also received an honorary degree (Doctorate of Laws) from the Washington College.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 30 May 2016