Indian Immunologicals Ltd (IIL) on 26 October 2015 announced that it operationalised a new multi-purpose facility to produce vaccines against infectious diseases of humans and animal health formulations.
The facility that is located at the Phase III of the Genome Valley on the outskirts of Hyderabad is India’s largest for producing animal health formulations.
Features of the production facility
• It was developed with an estimated cost of 250 crore rupees. facility
• It is spread across 47 acres and the second manufacturing unit of IIL in Hyderabad.
• The first phase of human vaccine facility can produce 8 million doses of human rabies vaccine.
• The animal health formulation facility is equipped to produce an estimated capacity of 300 million tablets, 100 million bolus, and 20 million vials of injectables for bovines, sheep and pets.
• The human vaccine facility meets the WHO’s pre-qualification standards necessary to export vaccines to child immunisation programmes across the world.
About Indian Immunologicals Ltd
It is a unit of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB). Apart from the new multi-purpose facility, it has four other manufacturing facilities viz., anti rabies production unit in Ooty, Tamil Nadu, Cattle feed Unit in Rajkot, Gujarat, biologicals unit in Gachibowli, Hyderabad and serum manufacturing unit in New Zealand.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App