Indian-origin teenager Akshay Ruparelia on 16 October 2017 became one of UK`s youngest millionaires at the age of 19.
Ruparelia made a fortune by selling houses through his online estate agency business during his school lunch breaks. Ruparelia`s school friends nicknamed him "Alan Sugar" after Baron Sugar, the business tycoon.
Ruparelia's journey as UK's Youngest Millionaire
• He started the firm with an initial investment of 7000 pounds, which he borrowed from his relatives.
• He hired a call centre service to answer his company switchboard while he was in class and used to call clients back after the school.
• Within months, investors were buying shares in Ruparelia`s firm "www.doorsteps.co.uk".
• The firm employs 12 people and is set to double in size with investors having already handed him 500000 pounds to get their hands on shares.
• Over an year, the company has been valued at 12 million pounds and the teenager has sold 100 million pounds worth of homes.
• Ruparelia`s company became the 18th biggest estate agency in the UK, just 16 months after the website went live.
• The firm is raising five million pounds with single share issue and is recruiting an expanding network of mothers across the UK who work self-employed showing clients around properties.
Ruparelia is now on a mission to put traditional High Street estate agents out of business because they charge thousands of pounds in commission to sell a house and he does it for just 99 pounds.
When: 16 October 2017