Indo-Mongolia Joint Military Exercise, Nomadic Elephant – 2016, commenced
A platoon of the Kumaon Regiment of the Indian Army along with a team of two observers will be taking part in the event.
The 11th Indo-Mongolia joint training Exercise, titled ‘Nomadic Elephant - 2016’ commenced on 25 April 2016 in Mongolia. The exercise aims at promoting military associations between India and Mongolia will culminate on 8 May 2016.
The aim of this exercise is to develop synergy and inter operability between the two armies to fight in Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism environment under the United Nation mandate.
Key highlights of Nomadic Elephant - 2016 Exercise
• A platoon of the Kumaon Regiment of the Indian Army along with a team of two observers will be taking part in the event.
• From the Mongolian Armed Forces, a total of 60 personnel will take part in the exercise.
• The event will culminate in a 48 hours joint outdoor exercise covering specialised operations in Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism environment.
• The Indian contingent will share their practical experiences of Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism operations through a series of classroom lectures and outdoor demonstrations.
• Besides, during the military training both the contingents will also share their techniques of unarmed combat, specialised rappelling and participate in various sports events during the two weeks exchange.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App