The International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Intel on 21 June 2017 announced a long-term technology partnership.
The partnership was announced at an official signing ceremony in New York with IOC President Thomas Bach and the US tech giant's Chief Executive Officer Brian Krzanich.
Intel will join "The Olympic Partner" (TOP) worldwide sponsorship programme, becoming a Worldwide TOP Partner through 2024. The partnership will transform the Olympic Games and the Olympic experience.
The first Olympic Games activation will take place at the Olympic Winter Games Pyeongchang 2018 in South Korea in February 2018. The Intel technology will provide real-time virtual reality viewing of the Olympic Winter Games.
• Intel Corporation is an American multinational corporation and technology company.
• It is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
• The company was founded by Gordon Moore and Robert Noyce.
• It was founded on 18 July 1968.
• It is the world's largest and highest valued semiconductor chip makers based on revenue, and is the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, which is found in most personal computers (PCs).
• Although Intel created the world's first commercial microprocessor chip in 1971, it was not until the success of the personal computer that this became its primary business.
When: On 21 June 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.