Jagdish Raj, the Bollywood actor who held the Guinness World Record for being the most type-cast actor, died on 28 July 2013 at Mumbai. He was 85 years of age. He died because of respiratory arrest. He is survived by his daughters Roopa Malhotra and Anita Raj as well as a son.
Life-Sketch of Jagdish Raj
• Jagdish Raj was born in the year 1928 in the town of Sargodha, British India (now in Pakistan).
• He is accredited with the Guinness World Record for being the most type-cast actor. Typecasting in acting is a term used wherein an actor is identified strongly for playing a specific role or character or trait. Jagdish Raj held the world record of playing the role of a policeman 144 times on the silver screen.
• He started off his filmy career in the year 1960.
• He retired from his acting career in the year 1992.
• He has a range of films credited to his career and some of these include Aaina, Besharam, Gopichand Jasoos, Deewar, Don, Shakti, Mazdoor, Imaan Dharam and Silsila.
• Despite playing the role of a villain as well as a judge in certain films, he was best known as the Bollywood Cop.
Who: Jagdish Raj
When: 28 July 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.