Jiyo Parsi, the Central Sector Scheme for containing population decline of Parsis in India launched on 23 September 2013 by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
Objective of the Jiyo Parsi scheme
The main objective of the Jiyo parsi scheme is to reverse the declining trend of Parsi population by adopting scientific protocol and structured interventions, stabilize the Parsi population and increase the population of Parsis in India.
Main features of the Jiyo Parsi scheme
• 100 percent funded by Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
• Medical interventions under Standard Medical protocols in empanelled hospitals/clincs.
• Confidentiality of the patients to be given utmost importance.
• The scheme is meant for only Parsis community.
• Parsi married couples of child bearing age who seek assistance.
• Adults/young men/women/adolescent boys/girls for detection of diseases resulting with consent of parents/legal guardians.