Junaid Ahmad was on 21 September 2016 appointed as the World Bank Country Director for India. He will succeed Onno Ruhl who completed his four-year term recently.
Ahmad joined the World Bank in 1991 as a young professional.
About Junaid Ahmad
• Hailing from Bangladesh, Ahmad was previously the Chief of Staff to World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim.
• Prior to joining the president’s office in January 2016, Ahmad was Senior Director for Water Global Practice, a position he held since the creation of the Global Practices in July 2014.
• An economist by training, he holds a PhD in Applied Economics from Stanford University and a Masters in Public Administration from Harvard University.
• Later he worked in the World Bank on infrastructure development in Africa and Eastern Europe.
• He has also held several management positions, leading the bank's programme in diverse regions, including Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, as well as in India and South Asia.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Junaid Ahmad
When: 21 September 2016